I’ve always found that part of the fun of eating food is the actual physical ritual of eating it.
I mean sure. You could get apple slices and dunk them in some peanut butter…
But these apple sandwiches just looks so much more fun to reach out and bite!
I mean, doesn’t this just call out to you? Pick me!
Crisp apple… creamy peanut butter… Crunchy walnuts… mmm
Maybe I just have a thing for finger food… Either way, these “sandwiches” are quick, easy, and fun. I used PB2 Chocolate on one of them and it was really quite good! You could easily turn these into party snacks and slice the apple into four and make mini apple “doughnuts.”
- 1 Apple
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter/Almond Butter
- Additional toppings: nuts, coconut shavings, flax/chia seeds etc.
- Core your apple and slice it in quarters so you have 4 round apple slices.
- Spread PB & add toppings!
- Sandwich it together and enjoy!
I dusted them with flax meal – I don’t know if I’m alone on this but it tastes like brown sugar when I mix it with peanut butter. Maybe I’m crazy but it felt like crunching into a healthy, crispy doughnut. These are great for lunches too – and super filling.