Bananas and blueberries as a combination are underrated. You don’t really see them together all that often… at least I don’t. I’m not even sure what prompted me to mix them together but as most spur of the moment decisions, this one turned out to be quite satisfying.
Actually, this oatmeal is tied in first place for my favorite flavor with my chocolate cherry almond oatmeal. I love the colors that the blueberries add to the bowl, when they first come out of the microwave they just gush these gorgeous shades of purple. If you’re lucky like me, you might just bite into one and have it shoot across your keyboard!
I like peanut butter for this one because almond butter (the kind I buy anyway) tends to be a bit runny. The peanut butter and bananas combine and make a thick base for this oatmeal, you should see me eat this stuff I look like a dog with a jar of PB! A very happy puppy indeed.
- 1 medium banana, cut in half
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 scoop MyoFusion Vanilla
- 1-2 T Peanut Butter
- Toppings: nuts, flax seed etc.
- Microwave half (or whole if you don’t care for toppings – I’m all about presentation even when I’m not photographing my food 🙂 ) of your banana for about 40s.
- Mash it up and add the protein powder, then oats, almond milk, and water.
- Add blueberries.
- Mix well and cook for 2 minutes – 1 minute at a time in a deep bowl as the protein tends to boil over.
- Mix in peanut butter and toppings and serve!