I know. I know.
Enough with the oatmeal already right?
I can’t help it! It calls my name in the night! And afternoon… and evening…
In all honesty, I’m crazy busy with work so the only thing I really have time to make that looks semi nice when photographed is oatmeal. The next two weeks I’m going to have to neglect this blog a little … but not to fear! I have been jotting down some fantastic ideas (and oh MAN I can’t wait to try em out!) So starting August 19th expect a truckload of recipes. But for now… I give you:
Oh what’s this? Topped with protein frosting?!? Can it get any better? Maybe if I didn’t have to work tomorrow…
Till then I’ll just close my eyes and pretend.
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk. Trust me on this one. Don’t skimp out on that lite crap and honestly the fats from coconuts are just so good for you! MCTs or medium chain triglycerides are used readily for fuel by your body rather than stored. Just do it!
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 100g banana
- 85g mango (that’s just what I happened to have left and I like to be exact and measure everything. Feel free to use more of either fruit)
- 3T water
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein – you can go more if you like I just didn’t want to compete with the coconut for flavor
- Toppings: coconut shavings, nuts, protein frosting etc.
- Mash up the banana and microwave it for 45s with the coconut milk
- Add oats, mango, water, protein powder and mix well
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes (keep an eye on it! Protein powder bubbles over very easily)
- Close your eyes and pretend you’re in Maui 🙂