I’ve seen this nifty recipe floating around on the internet here and there so I figured it’d be worth giving a shot. I found that the result was kind of bland but a good base to start experimenting with. I was craving something garlicy last night (shock!) and I thought the mayo could certainly use a kick. So I took a portion of it and added dill and garlic and OH MY GOD DOES THIS MAYO EVER COME TO LIFE. Future aspirations? Curry mayo? Avocado? Your tummy is the limit my friends.
- 1 egg – left out for 30 minutes at room temp.
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 1 cup non EVOO
- 3/4 t dry mustard
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t garlic
- 1/2 t dill
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor except for the extra cup of non EVOO, garlic, and dill.
- With the lid off and the motor running (careful!) slowly add the remaining cup of olive oil. This should take you a couple minutes – just drizzle it in
- I took about 1/4 cup (because I wanted to mess around with the rest of the mayo and try different variations) and added 1/2 t garlic. You might want to start with less because I freakin LOVE garlic and am known to eat raw cloves of the stuff. Seriously.
- Add dill and mix. Let it sit in the fridge and thicken – the flavors will really settle and get stronger.
This stuff is great with veggies, on fish (GREAT with salmon), chicken etc.