One of the things I cooked up in my whirlwind cooking frenzy on Wednesday was some delicious pork ribs. I actually did make a paleo BBQ sauce as well but we decided that since I was making a BBQ pork roast, the ribs should have some kind of different sauce…
So I tried out Sunshine Sauce from The Clothes Make the Girl! I actually fluked and made a very similar sauce to hers with my veggies the other day but it was slightly different. (No coconut aminos! Big mistake. Also my sauce had curry paste in it.) I’m not sure how many of you have had luck with dairy/coconut milk in the crock pot but I was nervous to try it out. So I left out the coconut milk till the last half hour. Result? Pretty stinkin good! The sauce is so fragrant and slow cooking it really let the smell find it’s way into every corner of my kitchen. Mmmm.
Ingredients (For Ribs):
- 2 racks pork back/side ribs (I used a combination as our farmer’s market bag was full of assorted meats)
- 1 batch sunshine sauce (don’t add the coconut milk! Leave that out for last!)
- 1t ground ginger
- 2T lime juice
- 1T coconut aminos
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 – 2 large carrots sliced thin
- Literally all you have to do is throw all of the ingredients except the coconut milk into a crock pot and let it simmer for 6-7 hours. Then for the last 30 – 45 minutes, add the coconut milk. Viola! The sauce that was left over from the ribs was great for dipping my fries in!
Ingredients (Kohlrabi Fries)
- 1 Kohlrabi
- 2-3 T olive oil or fat of choice
- 2-3 T chili powder
- Peel your Kohlrabi (really not that difficult, the green stuff should all be gone and it should be a nice white bulb.
- Cut up into fry like wedges, drizzle with oil and chili powder.
- Bake at 415 F for 40-60 minutes