These. Are. Phenomenal.
You simply must try them! I made them as a little snack for some guests we were having over and I ended up eating the leftover yolk mix straight out of the bowl… I’m not sure why I didn’t save it for some spaghetti squash as I’m usually pretty economical about my food but I just had to have it right then and there. Added bonus? Avocado and baconaisse all in one delicious treat.
Why yes, those eggs ARE resting on a flattened wine bottle. Cute right? Besides the point. Let the power of the eggs take over you!
If you ever wanted a way to be able to sit down and devour a dozen eggs in one go… this is it.
I’m starting to worry about my obsession with avocado… It can’t be healthy! Well… Actually… it is. But still! I eat one avocado a day I think!
Enough with the pictures just go out and make these! Oh – and don’t worry about the baconaisse if you don’t have any. Regular mayo will do in a pinch! I was originally planning on using bacon bits but we had none left so I decided to go the bacon mayo route.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup baconaisse or paleo mayo
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1-2T dried dill
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1T diced onion
- paprika for topping (optional)
- If you are unsure of how to hard boil eggs – this is the method that I use. I’ve seen literally 20+ different methods on the internet so go with what works for you! Make sure to use older eggs rather than fresh ones. I use cold water – enough to cover my eggs by a few inches and bring the water to a boil. Once I get the water boiling, I remove them from heat and let them sit in the pot, covered, for 6 minutes. Then transfer them to an ice bath for 12 minutes and peel.
- Half the eggs and scoop out their yolks into a bowl. Add all the ingredients and mix well! If you want your eggs to look fancy, scoop out the mix into a plastic bag and cut off the tip so you can pipe the filling out and make your eggs look purdy. That’s it! Top with paprika and cilantro for garnish if you like.
- Ingredients I want to try adding in the future: sun-dried tomatoes, bacon, cilantro… mess around with these!