Not too long ago, I made pork chops with a sun-dried tomato and balsamic reduction sauce. One of my absolute favorite recipes. So last week, we got these lovely juicy peaches in our organic box and I thought – sub the tomatoes and glaze the peaches?
STELLAR IDEA. Now I have two recipes tied for the same spot in my list of favorites. And the great thing is, while they’re essentially the same recipe with a slight twist – they taste completely different.
For those of you that like your pork chops with apple sauce – this is a nice little twist on a similar taste!
By the way – I’m on day 27 of my whole 30 and loving it! My boyfriend asked the other day how many days I had left and I had no idea… Because I plan on continuing this sucker as long as I can.
Well I *may* have some paleo pancakes here and there but I’m definitely ditching the grains, legumes, sugar and alcohol for good! Be prepared for lots of healthy desserts and such 😀
- 2 medium pork loin chops cut into 1″ strips – or chicken breasts/shrimp/meat of choice
- 1 medium peach
- 1/4 onion
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup + 1T balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2T cooking fat of choice
- Heat the cooking fat and fry onions and garlic (7-10 minutes) on medium high heat until browned.
- Add pork and 1T of balsamic vinegar. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side and then remove pork from heat.
- To the pan, add broth, and vinegar. Scrape up any browned bits and reduce the sauce. Do this by bringing it to a quick boil – add the peaches – and then let it simmer down to a nice, thick sauce. You want the peaches to be nice and soft – let them caramelize in the sauce.
- Add the pork in and stir over low heat for another couple minutes, just to mix everything together and let it all warm
- Serve with spaghetti squash, cauliflower rice, pasta etc. Delish!