I am one sick mofo. It started with a tickle in my throat that I thought was strep… which turned into 2 days of a raw throat… which turned into a full on flu complete with headaches, fever and not sleeping. It is 3:30 am and I cannot sleep for the life of me so I thought perhaps I should give my poor neglected blog some attention… You know I haven’t actually been sick in about two years so I’m double the grumpy because I forget this feeling… And has anyone looked at the ingredients on their drugs?! No thanks. I’ll suffer. You know what helps?
We have an abundance of turkey right now which really, I’m not complaining about as I love the bird. Before we roasted ours, I brined it and then shoved a beer can up it’s but full of ghee :D. You should have seen D trying to carve the thing, so ridiculously juicy that it was just falling apart. So the left overs are still pretty juicy and we’ve been having lots of turkey omelettes, stir fries, salads, etc.
And these guys. I was really craving something spicy the other day so I threw some hot sauce and mayo into a bowl and added carrots and celery … viola. So simple, so very tasty. I actually started eating this concoction over spaghetti squash (extremely satisfying. Try it.) but I just HAD to have tomatoes in the mix. I just feel like tomato slices are a crucial component of buffalo chicken sandwiches!
The carrots and celery add a really nice texture to the whole thing. As always, you non paleo-ers can feel free to throw this on a bun or in a wrap, I’m sure it would be quite tasty.
- 1 palm sized serving of Turkey/Chicken (about 100g)
- 1-2 t garlic mayo
- 1-2 t Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (Adjust according to taste)
- 1/2 a carrot, chopped into matchsticks (about 2-3T)
- 1-2 celery stalks chopped fine
- 1 Tomato, sliced into 4
- Mix the mayo and hot sauce in a bowl. Start with less hot sauce and work your way up. I looooove spicy food so my recipe was probably closer to 2T.
- Add everything except the tomatoes in a bowl and stir! Here’s mine:
- Top tomato slices with spoon fulls and enjoy! *Cheese would also go nicely here for you dairy eaters 😀