How cute are they? I wanted a nice little low cal treat for our tree decorating day – one that I could about 6 of and still not blow my daily macros. So these came to be!
And these totally don’t have to be cupcakes. Actually, I’d recommend against it because they stick too much to the cupcake liners and then you have to scrape off the left overs cause you’re a greedy little piggy and you want your share dammit … If you’re me anyway.
As for the icing – coconut butter. This stuff is a monster – you can find me at all hours of the night spooning it into my face straight from the jar.
Throw them in the fridge for a couple hours for a crunchy icing (the coconut butter gets rock solid) dunk them in your coffee, inhale them whole, impress your friends and relatives!
A quarter of the entire recipe has only 175 calories and about 30g of carbs – perfect for high carb days!
- 3T unsweetened cocoa
- 2 eggs (replace with egg whites if you want even lower fat/calorie)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut four
- 3/4 cup water or almond milk
- 1t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2t cinnamon
- 1/4t nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 8×8 or 9×9 dish.
- Mix eggs, mashed bananas, and pumpkin together.
- Add coconut flour, cocoa powder, water or milk and spices. Mix well.
- Pour into the greased dish and cook for 40-45 minutes until sides pull away from the pan. Check with a fork to make sure it’s well done.
- Cool and ice with applesauce, coconut butter, nut butter etc.
*Heads up, this “cake” is more of a super moist brownie so don’t over bake it hoping to get something super dry!