If you’re not including dairy in your paleo diet, I’d skip this post.
Normally, I do avoid the dairy but as I mentioned previously the organic, grass fed cream cheese was just calling my name. Along with the whipping cream. *Ahem* It’s okay to fall off the wagon once in a while 😛 Besides, this cheesecake is great for low carb diets and it’s high protein!
And look how cute the little cups are! How can you say no? 😛
These cakes are super easy to make and took me all of 20 minutes.
- 250g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 1/2 scoops vanilla protein (I use Precision brand because it’s lactose reduced and comes from grass fed New Zealand cows and has a very clean ingredient list)
- 115g Coconut Butter (NOT OIL!)
- 1 1/2T lemon zest (or orange, lime or any combination of your favorite citrus fruit really)
- 1T lemon juice
- 1t vanilla extract
- Melt the coconut butter in a small dish
- Throw everything together in the food processor!
You should have a fairly runny pancake batter like consistency.
3. Pour into whatever mold you desire – you can make little cupcakes, pour it into a pan, atop your favorite paleo crust etc.
4. Stick them in the fridge for a couple of hours and enjoy!
The cupcake liners come away really clean from these so don’t be afraid of having to eat paper.
I topped mine with some fresh, homemade whipped cream. Yum!
Nutritional Info: (Per 70g which is quite a huge chunk in my opinion)
Calories:254 / Carbs 5g (3g fiber for anyone low carbing) / 21g fat / 14g protein