So the other day the banquet servers adjacent to D’s restaurant sent him home with a bag of shrimp. Literally a bag full of shrimp. Who doesn’t love shrimp! After eating about thirty in two minutes (this girl reallllly loves shrimp) I thought I could do something creative with them (besides shoving them in my face).
When life gives you shrimp – make sushi! These were super tasty and although this sushi doesn’t contain rice, I really couldn’t tell … I’m not sure if my brain was playing tricks on me but it just tasted like a roll from the store!
The nice thing about sushi is, my roll is just a starting point. You can pretty much add whatever you want to yours and customize it to your tastes.
- 2 Nori sushi sheets
- 10-12 cooked shrimps, diced
- 1 egg scrambled
- 1 1/2t paleo mayo
- 1/2t dill
- 1/2t garlic powder
- 1/2 avocado
- carrots – diced into matchsticks
- cucumbers – diced into matchsticks
- Take your shrimp, egg, mayo, dill and garlic powder and mash everything up in a nice creamy mix. Add about 1/2 the avocado that you have set aside (so really, 1/4 of a whole avocado) and mix it into the mixture.
- On a Nori sheet, put half the filling in the center of the sheet and spread it around so that you have the whole sheet covered except for an inch at the top and bottom.
- Slice up half the remaining avocado and layer it with carrots and cucumber.
- Wet the bottom and top half of the sheet with a little water and roll!
- Slice it up and enjoy! Can be dipped in coconut aminos. Mmm!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a safe holiday season! I’m off to the beach 😀